Ethics Values & Policies
Our values and policies are fundamental to how we work.
Creating Value for People
Trust, agility, inclusiveness, efficiency, passion, and accountability… SOCAR Türkiye Ethical Rules place these six corporate values at its center.
Trust: We adopt accuracy and a high work ethic. Thus, we are establishing trust through our honesty and ethical business practices.
Agility: We anticipate the changing needs of customers, competitive market trends, and opportunities. We embrace change, move forward with resilience, and maintain work focus even in unstructured, dynamic environments.
Inclusiveness: We know it takes people with different ideas, strengths, and backgrounds to make our company succeed. We seek diverse perspectives and encourage everybody to collaborate and contribute to reach common goals.
Efficiency: We lead the way to deliver a safe, reliable, and sustainable environment wherever we operate. We conduct our processes effectively and efficiently, making the most of our time and resources by focusing on continuous improvement.
Passion: We’re committed in heart and mind. We take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Accountability: We take ownership of our work and responsibilities by considering our activities. We are keeping promises and honoring commitments.
We care that all our stakeholders abide by those values and the relevant laws and rules.
Please find out more about our code of ethics that guides all our stakeholders.
Please click for our anti corruption and trade controls policy.
Health, Safety, and Environment First
We protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors, and neighbors and work full force to leave a clean environment for future generations through our Occupational Health, Safety, and Environment (OHS-E) Policy.
Our company regards information as a valuable asset, and it is essential to protect the information, which is critical for the sustainability of our activities throughout its life cycle.
In SOCAR Türkiye, information security is defined as protecting information against dangers and threats to ensure business continuity and minimize the damages that may arise from financial losses and security breaches.
Information security provides the following for any corporate and personal data of value:
- Confidentiality to be known and accessed only by authorized personnel
- Integrity to ensure that the information is correct and complete and that the changes made are kept under control.
- Accessibility, so empowered people can use information whenever they need it.
In line with our company's vision and mission, information security is handled as a strategic issue and managed with a risk and process-oriented approach. The aims are as follows
- Ensuring business continuity
- Limiting and managing potential risks
- Meeting legal obligations, compliance requirements, and other requirements
- Ensuring data security in services offered to internal and external customers
- Protecting our production facilities against cyber threats
- Gaining competitive advantage
- Protection of corporate prestige
- Increasing information security awareness
Our company's information security is planned, implemented, monitored, and reviewed with a risk management approach in line with international standards and best practices. Information security risks are analyzed, and risk mitigation activities and periodic audits are carried out with independent auditors.
SOCAR Türkiye Senior Management commits to take the necessary security measures to protect the information stored, processed, or transmitted electronically or physically, to provide the required resources and support for continuous improvement within the Information Security Management System framework, and to comply with legal and other requirements.
Our company is obliged to ensure the security of information and information systems by the legal regulations in our country and especially the EMRA and KVKK regulations. All our employees, especially data and process owners, are responsible for ensuring information security. Therefore, anyone who uses, manages, and accesses company information systems and information assets must comply with the following responsibilities:
- Protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information assets
- Knowing and applying information security policies, standards, procedures, and instructions
- Using IT resources under laws, policies, and business purposes
- Adopting and enforcing a clean desk and screen policy
- Ensuring the confidentiality and privacy of personal information
- Sharing information only with authorized persons
- Using hard-to-guess passwords and ensuring their privacy
- Ensuring that information is adequately backed up and business continuity
- Classifying information for owned data and taking necessary precautions
- Reporting information security breach incidents and potential vulnerabilities
Click to review our OHS-E Policy.
Please click for our Diversity and Inclusiton policy.
Please click for our Human Rights policy.
Please click for Anti Corruption and Trade Controls Policy
Please click for SOCAR Türkiye Quality Policy
Please click for Legislation Management Procedure
Please click for Procedure For Permit, Authorization And License Processes
Please click for Procedure For Relations With Government Institutions And Non-Governmental Organizations
Please click for Procedure For Permit Process For SOCAR Türkiye Private Industrial Zone
Please click for Procedure For Strategic And Operational Planning For Government Relations
Please click for Government Relations Policy
Important Publications and Fact Sheets
Please click for Relations of SOCAR Türkiye with Non-Governmental Organizations and Governmental Sustainability Processes Thereof Q1 2023
Please click for Relations of SOCAR Türkiye with Non-Governmental Organizations and Governmental Sustainability Processes Thereof Q2 2023
Please click for SOCAR Research and Recommendation Report for Energy Conversion Strategy in Türkiye
Please click for Working Group for Biodiversity for Government Relations Actions